Bitdefender Total Security 2012 offers ultimate silent security for the computer users, fighting each and every category of e-threats and viruses with best technology.
Total Security is a rogue anti-virus application which protects your machine from malicious, vulnerable and unwanted attacks, malware and viruses and provides full security to your computer system. Bitdefender Total Security has constantly delivered the best in recent times and still endeavoring to reach perfection with newest of technology. Bitdefender Total Security 2012 presents a convincing alternative to its better-known competitors. It’s a strong program, with all the major tools that users expect, and some additional useful tricks in its bag.
Bitdefender Total Security comes with all the security features like antivirus, antispyware and Antispam. It also includes application security like data backup, file synchronization or the system tune-up module.
Major features of Bitdefender Total Security 2012 are:
• Antivirus, Antispyware and Antispam
• Vulnerability Scanner
• Social Networking Protection
• Search Advisor
• Personal Data Filter
• Antiphishing and Scan Dispatcher
• Two-way Firewall and Parental Controls
• File Shredder and Encryption
• Tune-up and Online backup and file synchronization.
In the continuation of 2nd year stint Bitdefender Total Security 2012 has renovated its interface. The redesigned black interface gives it a professional look. It displays critical issues and events at the top. The events are indicated with a red color to catch the user’s attention, and the various security modules below. There is a big notification status ring at the top of the interface that warns you of your security status; it turns green if no problem exists, turns yellow for problems that “require attention,” and red for immediate security issues. This year’s interface is definitely easier to use than last year’s.
There are links for Events, Settings, and Autopilot. Events takes you to a log of recent security events, and it cleverly use a Facebook-style red-circle notification pop-up to tell you when something has happened requiring attention. The Settings window is remarkably easy to use, with tabs that repeat the options presented in the main window.
What’s new in Bitdefender total security 2012?
• AutoPilot: This is the unique feature of this year’s edition, it’s a smart system that sets most notifications to silent, automatically deals with most threats encountered, and basically ensures that your security is running but not bothering you. This means no pop-ups, no alerts, nothing to configure.
• Rescue mode: This functionality reboots your computer in a trusted environment, which is used for cleanup and restoration of disk space.
• Virtualized Browser: This property isolates the browser from the operating system in a Bitdefender-provided environment to block web-based threats hence, protecting the system from unwanted viruses.
• Social Network Protection: This feature filters the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends and monitors your privacy settings thus protecting you and your friends, from e-threats that attempt to exploit the trust you’ve developed with them.
• Scan Dispatcher: It starts system scans when resource usage falls below a certain level to avoid any impact on your system’s performance.
Even after possessing most of the greatest features there are some bugs in this year’s edition, the most affecting is the removal of video tutorials from within the program and prompting user to see the videos on their websites and even the contact information needs to be obtained from the website which can become quite troublesome for those who do not use the internet or their internet connection isn’t working properly.
Performance and Testing: This year’s Bitdefender showed excellent lab test results. Best antiphishing protection, Facebook protection, Silent and intelligent firewall, decent parental controls and even Antispam blocked no valid mail.
But looking on the other side of the coin one can say that the speed of scan has decreased now as compared to last year’s speed. According to testing reports Bitdefender completed its initial scan during installation in 3 minutes, 16 seconds. After the installation scan, the suite averaged Quick-scan completion in 2 minutes, 9 seconds, over three runs, about 1 minute slower than last year. The Deep scan averaged 1 hour, 32 minutes, 49 seconds over three installs which is about 38 minutes slower than last year’s real-world scan time average.
Conclusions: Bitdefender Total Security 2012 offers all the must required features you need in a mega-suite, but it does its job silently. All of its components are good. Some, like phishing protection, are exuberant. The interface is also easy to use and aesthetic. However, when it comes to system performance, specifically start-up and shutdown times, Bitdefender need to augment. But still it’s definitely worth checking out for high-end protection.